Saturday, June 18, 2011

sweet reunions.

We have looked forward to this day since we waved our "see you later's" to them 2 years ago.  Overheard this morning in the other room was Jack practicing "Hi Grandma Becky....Hello Grandma Becky..."  
There has been *lots* of anticipation for our reunion.  

What can I say? In a car-full of boys, a lamborghini-spotting is big stuff right there!
Literally, on the edge of their seats.



Gotta love the flurry of hugs.

Also, gotta love little boys reaching for their grandpa's hand (especially if they're insisting on wearing a bike helmet :)
We are *thrilled* to have them close for a few months!!!
Miles told them "We don't have to skype with you all year!"



There’s much I’d love to share, like the fly-by-the-seat-of-our-pants last-minute trip to Ikea with my love this week (big thanks to my parents for making this happen, for watching our 3 munchkins)…or, the “better than normal” gluten-free crust that has me excited for strawberry picking and fresh strawberry pies…or, my latest anthro-copy idea for curtains…or, our walls that are now primed and ready for some color-love!  
I'll get to all that.  I will.
But quite honestly, these days are a bit of a blur.  Filled with so much good, but...filled.  I so wish I could slow. time. down.  To pause all the construction and decisions about trim to linger in the moment of the boys fishing or ending the day with Bible stories on the couch or coming home the other night after zumba to this:


We may not be able to stop time.  Our deadlines and schedules press on.
But, we are learning to welcome the beauty of the moment, letting the wonder of it soak in.  
Like, our violets blooming in the middle of a pile of rocks.
What a marvelous Creator!


Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything that is beautiful...
Welcome [beauty] in every fair face,
in every fair sky, in every flower,
and thank God for it as a cup of blessing.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment