Monday, July 2, 2012

quesadillas {gluten-free!}

Since you all now know I've been slacking on our laundry, I feel no shame admitting another. Add cooking to my list of summer-slacking, or as I prefer to call it: summer-simplifying. It's just too hot to turn on the stove, and there's other fun to be had outside of that kitchen. 
So, this has become our summertime staple. 
Corn tortillas. Cheese. Meat. Veggies. Herbs. 
Lunch in 5 minutes. Olé!
Corn tortillas grilled with cheddar cheese, ham and jalapeño
{We literally elbow each other out of the way of that crispy cheese on the edges - so good!}
My fave tortillas from Trader Joe's made into cheese quesadillas with fresh salsa and guacamole.
We also sometimes add leftover grilled chicken, black beans, you name it... 
Or, pair it with tomato soup for a grilled cheese-alternative.
So many variations.
They are easy and fast.
And with a panini maker, you don't even have to turn on the stove!

Celebrating the last of the peas in our pod tomorrow!
Can't believe it's been 4 years since I met this little guy.
His hooks have sunk deep into my heart and I'm not sure what we ever did without him...
Happy 4th birthday, Jude!
Happy 4th of July, all!
Enjoy your days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment